Things to look for on the 1955 aerial photo:
- Orange groves—and little else—around Disneyland
- The Santa Ana Freeway interchange under construction
- Undeveloped land between Fantasyland and the old Tomorrowland Lagoon
- Construction of Disneyland Hotel beginning
- Small parking area
Things to look for on the 1960 aerial photo:
- Holidayland, with a tent and softball field
- The Disneyland Hotel
- Motels appearing on roads around Disneyland
- The Matterhorn, Submarine Lagoon, and Fantasyland Autopia
- Expanded parking
- Still many orange trees, though fewer of them
Disclaimers, Copyrights, and Trademarks
Updated September 14, 2007.
Aerial photograph of Disneyland and the surrounding area, July 15, 1955: Courtesy of the Orange County Archives, Santa Ana, California.
Aerial photograph of Disneyland and the surrounding area, June 1960: Courtesy of the Orange County Archives, Santa Ana, California, from the Knotts Berry Farm Collection.